Monday, September 27, 2010

Newlyweds claim the Castle Hill $20million lotto prize


Young newlyweds have claimed the $20 million lotto prize brought from NewsXpress in Castle Towers.

Young newlyweds have claimed the $20 million lotto prize brought from NewsXpress in Castle Towers.

YOUNG newlyweds have finally claimed the $20 million lotto prize brought from NewsXpress in Castle Towers.

It had remained unclaimed for the last ten days.

The couple who are expecting their first child could not believe their luck. “I had the ticket in my purse all of this time,” the woman said.

“I can’t believe a $20 million winning ticket was just sitting in my purse.

“On the bus on Wednesday I overheard the bus driver jokingly ask two ladies if they were the winners and I did think to myself that I should check my ticket.

“I even joked at dinner last night that I had the $20 million ticket in my purse…I only remembered this afternoon to actually check the ticket.”

Her husband said they were grateful but were still going to work on Monday. “We’ve been looking into opening up our own business so we’ll keep working but we’ll be working for ourselves,” he said.

“I don’t think I’ll really believe it until I see the money in the bank.

“This is going to really help us. We’ve got great friends and a great family so we don’t want to lose sight of what’s important.”

The couple were unregistered users.

NSW Lotteries Chief Executive Officer Bill Thorburn said ” thankfully this is a very happy ending to our search for our $20 million winners”.

“It highlights the importance of registering lottery purchases,” he said.

On Wednesday a woman won the $16m Powerball lottery after buying a ticket at Riverwood. She was a registered member of NSW Lotteries.

Source: whereilive

0 comments:

Post a Comment