Saturday, May 15, 2010

Randy roo stalking Aussie women




A BRAWNY kangaroo that has been seeking love of late has focused his lust on the women of a Northern Territory town.


The well-endowed macropod has been hanging around the Honeymoon Ranges in Tennant Creek recently, making every effort to woo a woman.

One resident who walks along the bike track to the Mary Ann Dam regularly said she realised she was being followed early one morning, The Northern Territory News reported.

"I turned around and saw this big kangaroo behind me, so I hastened my steps," she said.

"It seemed a bit odd, but I continued walking and didn't think much about it.

"Then on the return walk he was there waiting for me," she said.

"With his male pride on full alert, he started circling me.

"There was no doubt about what he wanted, the randy old thing.

"It was a huge kangaroo and quite intimidating.

"I yelled at him to go away, waved my hands about and let him know I wasn't interested, but he was persistent - I'll give him that."

The woman said the roo bounded off when other walkers approached.

The jolly jumper made another appearance at a recent night-time speedway meeting.

Mother-of-three, Tanya Wilson, who was behind the pits, noticed he had come to check out the action.

"I thought it was strange that a kangaroo would come to such a noisy place, but I grew up around kangaroos so I went up to say hello," she said. "There I was having a nice chat to him when I heard others calling out to me, warning me to step away.

"I didn't take any notice of them because I didn't think I had anything to worry about. I thought he was just a cute, friendly kangaroo."

Tanya was oblivious to the amorous nature of the interlude, but the kangaroo's intentions were clearly evident to other speedway fans.

"Yeah, apparently he was quite aroused," she said.

"I'm actually glad I didn't notice."

There were reports a male speedway fan confronted the kangaroo but came off second best when the beast punched him in the face.

Read more at The Northern Territory News.

Source: News.com.au | News from Australia

0 comments:

Post a Comment