Sunday, March 21, 2010

Postcards show off Redcliffe


Postcards show off Redcliffe

IN FOCUS: Andie Moss' postcards capture the Peninsula's beauty.

PELICANS in flight, fishermen at work, families in the sun and scarlet sunsets - Woody Point photographer Andie Moss has captured them all.

Mrs Moss’ work can be found at newsagencies, general stores and art galleries across the Peninsula in the form of postcards.

Her postcard range, which she began 13 years ago, includes scenes and moments from Scarborough, Redcliffe, Woody Point, Margate and Moreton Island.

``Because I first came here in ‘96 I looked at the Peninsula with a new light,’’ she said. ``I’ve always had a passion for photography.

``I bought my first camera in Woolworths when I was 10. When my mum gave me money for the wedding the first thing I bought was a camera.’’

At 46, Mrs Moss decided to turn her passion into a profession and took night classes at the Brisbane College of Photography and Art. Within a year, she had produced her first set of postcards after encouragement from local camera stores.

``I took it as a challenge. They just walked off the shelves,’’ she said.

Since then, Mrs Moss’ postcard business has gone from strength to strength, going from six varieties to 65, with her latest range of cards making 24,000 prints.

In her 13 years photographing the Peninsula, Mrs Moss has kept the price for her postcards the same.

Her latest set of images was inspired by the new Woody Point jetty.

``Woody Point is now a big wining and dining area,’’ she said. ``Woody Point isn’t just sleepy old Woody Point. It’s a lovely area.’’

Source: whereilive

0 comments:

Post a Comment