Monday, April 26, 2010

Dural’s Joanne Ong says let ‘em eat cake


Dural’s Joanne Ong says let ‘em eat cake

Joanne Ong designs delicious treats. Picture: JOE MURPHY

JOANNE Ong’s cake creations look too amazing to eat but are too delicious to resist.

The Dural resident has been running her home-based cake business for the past two years, turning simple sponges into works of art.

Ms Ong’s talents have won her second prize at the Royal Easter Show for her two entries in most creative cake and most creative miniature cake in the novice class.

“I had no idea what the standard was and when I saw some of the other entries I thought I had no chance,” she said.

Ms Ong did not find out she had won until she went to the show and saw the ribbons next to her entries.

“It was exciting, I would have been happy just to get my cakes on display,” she said.

Ms Ong’s business, Cupcake Gallery, was born after she made her daughter Teaghan’s first birthday cake.

Check out Ms Ong’s other creations at http://www.cupcakegallery.com.au.

Source: whereilive

0 comments:

Post a Comment